MOD - Mc-Style Rim for Logitech G29 / G923
Process time: 1-5 days;
Check out the "how to install" section before you buy.
Mod for Logitech G29 / G923, inspired by McLaren style, 28cm.
The mod includes:
- Laser Cut, black painted steel plate, covered with carbon fiber vinyl.
- 3D Printed PLA handles already installed, easy to cover. Find out here how to cover them. We recommend to do so, but it is not mandatory;
- Coloured stickers already installed;
- "Acelith" Dome sticker included;
- A kit of universal controls stickers to customize the controls;
- A kit of universal ROUND stickers;
- Spacer, screws and nuts;
- L2, L3, R2 and R3 buttons.
If you want a specific logo for the hub center, write it in the order notes. If available we will add it to the package, otherwise we will put the Acelith logo.
- A Logitech G29 / G923;
- Screwdrivers and Allen keys (hex).
Please note 1: Do not leave the plate (the handles, specifically) in excessively hot places in direct contact with the sun's rays.
Please note 2: Unlike the first versions, the dome sticker (central logo) is glued directly onto the spacer, so the plastic plate is no longer necessary, and will therefore not be present in the kit.
How to install the mod.
The G29\G920\G923, compared to other steering wheels, is more complex to disassemble. Modify your steering wheel if you're sure of where to put your hands.
Here the video tutorial.
- Take the spacer from the kit. It's a black ring, with several holes. First you have to put the 6 metal nuts in the 6 hexagonal seats (in the package you'll probably find the nuts already in place).
- Now you can mount the spacer where the original rim used to be. The wall with the nuts you put on earlier must touch the plastic of the hub.
- Secure the spacer with the 6 original Logitech screws you removed earlier. Don't tighten too tightly, as the threads on the hub are plastic.
- Put the new steering wheel plate on the spacer.
- Place the plastic cover (with the logo), in the center of the plate, matching the 6 countersunk holes.
- Insert the 6 countersunk screws you find in our kit into the 6 holes and tighten them. Before tightening them completely, try to position the plate precisely and straight (so that it does not touch the red wheel and is symmetrical).
- Install the buttons.
We recommend tightening the 6 front screws AFTER inserting the 4 black buttons, so that they are centered. They are designed to fit perfectly into their housing. There is no need to fix the black buttons with screws. Keep the small screws: you will need them if you have to mount the original rim.
The two longest buttons stand for R2 and L2, the shortest for L3 and R3. Just push them towards their housing in the right direction (note the direction of the small flaps along the pivot).
For any info or problem do not hesitate to contact us.
- Logitech G29
- Logitech G920*
*This mod, although compatible with both G29 and G920, has been designed for G29, so it is optimized for the latter model, aesthetically speaking.
We ship from Italy by GLS or UPS courier to many European countries, USA and Canada.
Here are some indicative data:
|Italy||6,90 €||1-3 business days|
|Europe||14,90 €||2-6 business days|
|USA \ Canada||29,90 €||4-8 business days|
Here's the info on our shipments: Shipping Policy
The process through which both aluminium and steel plates are made:
- Laser cutting;
- Countersinking of the 6 central holes;
- Painting (black);
- Covering with carbon vinyl (CNC cutting).
The carbon plates, instead, are machined with CNC milling machine.
Any other doubts? Write us in the chat below or visit the FAQ page